Cerebra Bear name vote

Good day!

Welcome to the Arctic Ride 2014 blog! In May and June of 2014 I will be riding my motorbike solo 6,000 miles in only 3 weeks to the top of Europe and through one of nature's most barren and un-populated landscapes... the Arctic Circle. This challenge is all in aid of raising funds and awareness for brain injury charity Cerebra.

In planning my Arctic trip over the past 6 months, and on my previous motorbike endeavors, I've come across plenty of bikers and travelers. One thing I have noticed is that both solo travelers and groups often have a mascot or good luck charm travelling with them along the way. I realised that when I set of for the Arctic next May I'm going to be on my own for a good few weeks and after the back luck of my 2011 trip (see my blog post the day after my accident) I thought I could do with a good luck charm to come along on the ride with me.

Cerebra Bear chilling on his Suzuki
My immediate thought came to my Cerebra Bear which was given to me as a thank you from Cerebra after my bike and I limped home in 2011 not making it all the way to Nordkapp but raising a chunk of money in the process. Cerebra Bear will not only act as a companion but also he'll be able to get in some photos so that you don't have to see my ugly mug for 6,000 miles straight! Also, he will be able to represent the charity when I'm not around :)

Cerebra Bear and Gordon at an Arctic Ride photo shoot!
Now after discussions with Kirsty we realised we couldn't be calling him Cerebra Bear for the next 18 months as outside of our house we'd probably sound a bit crazy so ran a YouTube video introducing the bear and asking for opinions on names.

Between Facebook, twitter, my blog, and YouTube the number of suggestions was fantastic and there were so many that I really couldn't decide so I've opened up a vote to all my viewers to decide what his name should be. Please use the survey below to submit your vote!


Thanks again for stopping by! Please keep supporting Arctic Ride 2014 by spreading the word about what I'm doing and by logging on to my social media links, YouTube and if you have a few spare pennies please chuck them into the jar on my donations page. All links below.

Ride Safe
Gordon

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube

Donations at Virgin Money Giving


Comments

Popular Posts